Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sucess at last with C25K-W9

I just ran for 30 minutes!!!!!!



I'm so excited! I have been doing the C25K program for weeks and have loved it. But when I got to the final week (5 min warmup/30 min run/5 min cooldown), I just couldn't complete it. It was so frustrating because week 8 had me jogging for 28 minutes. So why was 2 extra minutes harder for me? I attempted it multiple times and would have to quit after getting extreme side pain.

This afternoon when I got home from work I googled the issue. I found an article that had some helpful tips on breathing. So I decided to give it a try and focus on that. I'm happy to say it worked! I did start to feel a slight pain creeping up but I knew I only had 3 songs left so I just slowed down slightly and kept on breathing. :)



Here are some other changes I made today that I think really helped me.


  • I plugged my iphone into our home stereo instead of wearing it. This helped me because I couldn't look down and see how much time I had left, and I couldn't fiddle with the music.

  • I built a timed playlist. I had way to many songs on there before. I also tried some Christian Rock/Rap. Something more uplifting than the angry rock music that I thought was helping me.

  • I covered the top of the treadmill so I couldn't see any time, distance, or speed level. I just adjusted my speed for what felt comfortable.

  • I prayed. I knew I wasn't going to be able to do this on my own.

I'm off to get dinner going. Another Hungry Girl recipe perhaps? Yes, I'm obsessed.


3 comments:

  1. Yayyy!! Congrats on the run! I'm so proud! So so proud.

    So how are you doing post WW? Still loving life? I'm 5 pounds from goal (or was last weigh in), but considering quitting because it's too expensive right now- I have too many bills i'm paying. Do you think it's smart? Give me dish on how you're doing and if you recommend it! Miss you, we never chat anymore (because I'm off twitter...I know, my fault)! xoxoxo

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! So glad you did it!

    Now when's that first 5K?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys!

    Ernise,
    I haven't signed up for a 5K yet. I've done all my running inside, now it's time to take it outside and see how I do.

    Daniella,
    5 pounds from goal? That is awesome! I have been doing pretty good(except for today...see new post). Since I started wearing my bodybugg i've lost 8 pounds! I LOVE counting calories so much more than counting points. To me it's easier, and more of something I can do the rest of my life. How do you feel about quitting Weight Watchers? Are you going to try to do it on your own? I'd say you must have a plan if you are going to take a break from going to the meetings. Still be strict with your food logs, workouts, etc. You CAN lose without Weight Watchers. You just have to continue all of your healthy habits that help you lose or maintain. Because once we stop those healthy habits...the weight will come back.

    I hope your move goes smoothly for you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete