A couple weeks ago at my yearly exam my nurse practitioner pointed out a mole on my neck and said,"I can take that off for you." So I decided to have it done and told her I had a mole on my back that I want checked because it was darker than the rest and it popped up in the last couple years (since I was burned badly playing on the beach in Galveston). So last week I had a couple moles taken off and the one on my back biopsied. Today my nurse practitioner called me with the results. They found melanoma around the edge of the mole and I have to go see a dermatologist to have a larger removed. I was in shock. I was at work and I couldn't stop crying. Melanoma? Melanoma is cancer...I have skin cancer. It could be just the one spot, but what if there's more?
I'm feeling a little better after talking with my husband and I went and saw my parents and they took us out to eat. My mom told me not to worry, it's not our kind of cancer. Lol. It's true, breast cancer and colon cancer are the ones that run in our family. Speaking of breast cancer, I have to go next Thursday to do a breast sonogram because I'm high risk and they don't do mammograms for women under 30. So now that they found melanoma I'm even more freaked out about my breast exam.
I'm going to relax and try not to thing about it anymore tonight. I'm all cried out.
Stay positive. It is also good that you let your doctors know. I hope today is better for you!
ReplyDelete