Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekly recap

I'm sad to say that the momentum of last week fizzled out Sunday shortly after I wrote my last blog. I had a great week & lost over 3 lbs and I indulged a little too much that night...and the next day...and the next. This week I fell apart at night or if I was home alone. Like the calories don't count if nobody sees me eat them!? Then I did something I haven't done since I started wearing my bodybugg-I ate food and didn't log it. I "eyeballed" measurements instead of my usual measuring of EVERYTHING. And just like I expected I weighed this morning and had gained .8. I remember my Weight Watcher leader telling us before if you kind of track your food you will kind of lose weight. Tracking is KEY...and the only way to know what I'm actually eating is to write it all down.

Lately I've been getting a lot of compliments on my weight loss/looks. It has been awesome & makes me so happy! I mean, who doesn't like to be complimented?!? But I think instead of using the compliments to further my desire to work hard I've done the opposite and I know that's no excuse to let myself "splurge" on things. For example this week it was spinach dip with baked tostitos. I found this spinach dip made with yogurt that was only 45 calories a serving...yeah I consumed the entire container by myself in 2 days! Then I tried Kashi Go Lean Crunch with my yogurt and I've had it everyday at least once and sometimes twice. I can't get enough of the Kashi! I've got to get control of myself.

I also wasn't so great with my workouts this week. I wanted to repeat week 8 of C25K and increase my speed a little but everyday I tried to run I quit early. I know I can do it. I'm physically capable of jogging for 30 min straight it's just in my head that I can't do it.
So this week I will try again. My knee was hurting after I did the P90X Kenpo workout tonight so I didn't run. Hopefully I can start back up with it tomorrow.

There were some fun positives things that happened this week.

I had my yearly "woman" exam and my doc was extremely happy at my progress. It was fun. Well, about as fun as that kind of visit could be!

I got to celebrate my birthday with my husband's family and had a great time. My brother in law and I share the same b-day.

We got to go to a large Christian music concert Friday night that included 7 bands. It was awesome & made me feel old because I got a headache 3 bands in and was yawning and sleepy at 9:30.

Saturday I got to spend quality time with my best friend. We got pedicures and went shopping and stumbled upon a new store that super fun. It's an accessories store and it's set up by color. So all of the pink jewelry is grouped together with the pink purses,sandals,cute tops,etc. And so on for every color you can think of. I attached some pics of what I bought. I now think I need to go back and buy more so I can have jewelry and bags for every outfit! I just don't think my husband would go for that.

Anyway I'm just rambling now & I need to go to bed. It was a bad week food/exercise wise but a great week personally. I just hope to get back to my routine this week and be below 170 next Sunday.



1st day finds:some earrings, a heart necklace watch and a Dream,Wish,Believe necklace.






Day 2 purchases with my mom: Hot Orange purse, 2 chunky rings & another pair of earrings.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. When I had first joined WW, I lost 20 pounds quite quickly and people were starting with the compliments which is always so nice to hear! Except it also had the opposite effect on me - instead of helping me go forward in weight loss, it almost hindered my progress. So strange, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I love the pieces you purchased! They're so pretty!

    Secondly, I have weeks like that sometimes too. We just have to forgive ourselves and move forward. I know you'll do it because you rock it almost all the time.

    Third, I've missed seeing you on twitter because I was out of town, but I'm back...and happily catching up with the blogosphere.

    Make this week a great one!

    ReplyDelete