Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Saying goodbye to Weight Watchers

I've been thinking a lot lately about my Weight Watcher leader. I haven't been back to my WW meeting since I bought my bodybugg and that was about 5 weeks ago. I started going back in 2008, and have had the same awesome leader Donna the whole time. She was even my leader back in 2002 when I was a senior in high school and lost 50lbs the first time(before gaining it all back plus more).
My WW subscription doesn't end until the 16th, so I'm thinking about going in one last time. I feel like I need to tell her how much she has helped me and that I wouldn't be where I am today without WW and her.
I don't want her to think I feel off the wagon and that's why i've been MIA.

I don't know why I'm so emotional about this. Just sitting here in the breakroom I'm crying just thinking about it. But then I think, the last time I went I was 180. Yesterday I was 173. And that makes me happy! I know that just because I'm not going to meetings doesn't mean I'll gain everything back. I'm a different person than I used to be. All the other times when I stopped going, I reverted back to my old habits and that's why the weight came back. This time I enjoy exercising and I enjoy eating right. It has been a healthy lifestyle change, one that I will keep!
All in all I know this has been the best change for me, but it's still hard to say goodbye.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is difficult to leave, but think about how far you've come! Also, think about how successful you've been since you haven't been going to the meetings. Your success means you have learned and can do this without the meetings. Then again, if you find that you are struggling, you can always go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'll be able to leave again; this time I'm shooting for becoming a lifetime member so I don't have to pay anymore. :) It is SO sad to leave! But get Donna's email or something so you can keep in touch, and on those days that you're struggling you can email her and she will always be there for you. Just because you leave doesn't mean it can't be a part of your life anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete