Sunday, March 21, 2010

Moving on

I didn't write a post last week because I was upset. After a great first week loss of 5.2 lbs I was excited to weigh in last Sunday. Excited because I was less than a pound away from reaching 60 lbs gone FOREVER. Then I weighed and was UP. It was so discouraging because I had had such a good week. I had reached my goal on the bodybugg website everyday except for one, because I had strep throat and rested all day and didn't wear the bodybugg. But after talking to several of my twitter friends they reminded me of several factors that could have contributed to my gain. Not eating enough ,eating the same foods, or water retention due to the antibiotics.
So this week I tried to add a little more food, and make sure I was getting close to my 20% Protein, 60% Carbs, and 20% Total Fat target each day, and I finished up my 10 day antibiotics. I weighed this morning for my week 3 results and I lost 1.8!
This week was also my parents and mother-in-law's first week using the bodybugg system. We are all weighing on Sundays so my dad was down 4.6, and my mother-in-law lost 6! My mom was still sleeping so I'm not sure of her first week progress, but from talking to her all week I'm sure it will be good. I think she's finally seeing that she doesn't have to go join a gym, she just needs to MOVE MORE and live a more active lifestyle.

Well...I'm off for now. Saturdays and Sundays are my lowest activity days. Sunday especially because we just go to church, and spend the afternoon at my mom and dads. But today we stayed in because of the snow so it's time to get moving!

How to keep your momentum going on weekends?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Glad that you didn't allow the gain to stop you. You've come to far to stop now. Funny how this is the subject of my post today. Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy! congratulations Marianne!!!

    ReplyDelete