Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Realization

Today was exactly one week since I starting wearing the bodybugg and I lost 5.2lbs!!!! This was a great week! I ate really well, logged everything I ate, got in lots of exercise(though I still could do more). To top it off I went shopping yesterday and for the first time trying on clothes in the dressing room I realized, "Hey, I actually look good!" Instead of looking in the mirror and seeing all the flaws and things I needed to work on, I saw the positives and the things I've already accomplished. It was a fun experience. Fun to not have to shop in plus sizes anymore. Fun to see where I've come from(a size 18/20 to a size 10). Fun to think that I'm only 1 size away from wearing a single digit clothing size. I'm proud to say the days of me crying in the dressing room and being frustrated at not being able to find anything that looks good are gone.

This afternoon I was trying to update the info on my blog so I was looking at my WW books with my past weights and noticed a pattern. Every time I was within a pound or half a pound of hitting another goal, I gained the next week and then it took me another 2 weeks or more to get back down. I had a consistent pattern of this that repeated over a 18 month period. I think this was really important for me to see today because right now my total is 59.6 lbs. Which means this week I will hit the 60 lb milestone. I am going to start a new pattern. From now on I'd like to be within a pound or half a pound of a goal and achieve that goal the next week. I feel like this is a new chapter in my life.

So here's to another great week. Hopefully I will continue to learn more about myself during this journey. I contemplated changing the title of my blog, but it is what it is....My Weight Loss Journey. A journey of not only learning to eat healthy and exercise. But a journey of learning to think more positively and loving myself.




3 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYY!!! Congrats on such a huge weight loss. And even more congrats on entering the single digits in clothing sizes!! It's the best feeling in the world! I can't wait to hear more...you're doing so great. Keep it up girl, xoxoxo!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! No I haven't reached single digit clothing size but I realized I'm only 1 size away from it cause I'm in a 10 now. Oh there will be pics when that day comes, because that has NEVER happened before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG So awesome!!! I love the feeling of being in the fitting room and noticing my progress. I did that this weekend too!

    60 is huge...do it girl! :)

    ReplyDelete