Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Super Saturday





It's 11:00 at night and I'm finally able to sit down and write about today and my week. Today was a super Saturday! I started out my morning by getting to "sleep in" until 8. Which was much needed...too bad it wasn't 11, but I'll take it! Then I did level 2 on the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD. After a few minutes of rest and some cereal I decided to complete week 6 of my couch to 5K training. Last week when it came time for day 3 I flaked out and didn't want to try it. So this week I started week 6 over, then day 3 landed on today. It consisted of a 5 minute warm up walk then 25 minutes of jogging(no walking), then a 5 minute cool down walk. I set up a play list of rock songs(mostly Nickleback, Shinedown,Disturbed,and some others) which really seemed to help me with momentum. Usually when I'm on the treadmill the TV is on or I might choose hip hop or praise and worship to listen to. Well after today I figured out rock is definitely the best choice for me! At the end of my run a song called "Change Your Mind" by Sister Hazel came on and I started crying while I was running. I heard the song for the first time yesterday and instantly loved it. The chorus says, " If you want to be somebody else, If your tired of losing battles with yourself, Change your mind...".http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/sisterhazel/changeyourmind.html
I was just thinking about the past and how I used to be and now I'm able to run for 25 minutes straight?! It was just a really cool moment, and made me realize I can do anything I want if I just set my mind to it. So my day was started out awesome and just got better. My husband and I took our dune buggy out for a drive since it was so pretty. We got to see my nieces and nephews. Then we met some friends downtown at a wonderful seafood place called Hook, Line and Sinker. After all of that we went to Super Target and the Neighborhood Walmart to load up on all kinds of good food for the week. So all in all it was a pretty active day. I used to look forward to the weekend so I could relax and stay home and watch TV. But now that I have my bodybugg I realize I can't slack off for two whole days because relaxing and doing nothing is not going to help me burn the calories I need to keep reaching my weight loss goals. I hope tomorrow is just as productive. I weigh in tomorrow morning before church. I think I'm going to wake up a little earlier and start week 7 of couch to 5K.
These are my bodybugg goals:Burn 2450 calories, Consume 1950 calories, Calorie Deficit of 500 calories. At that average I should lose 1 lb a week.
Here was my week:
Sun-Burned 2069, ate 2177, surplus of 108 :(
Mon-Burned 2684, ate 1780, deficit of 904
Tue-Burned 2685, ate 1810, deficit of 875
Wed-Burned 2398, ate 2200, surplus of 198 :(
Thur-Burned 3178, ate 1722, deficit of 1456
Fri-Burned 2626, ate 1921, deficit of 705
Sat-Burned 2762, ate 1698, deficit of 1064
2 bad days mixed in with some really good ones where I exceeded my 500 calorie deficit. So we shall see on the scale tomorrow if it evened out. Either way I am pleased with myself and where I'm at, and realize I'm making little life changes every day to become a healthier me.



1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful sunset! I love this post, mainly because learning to "put my mind to it" is something I'm learning too (I can do anything I want!). Just so amazing! I know you had a good weight loss today, can't wait to hear the results!!

    ReplyDelete