Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weigh Day!



This morning was my weekly weigh in. I lost another pound! I am pleased with that. We've had a busy weekend. Yesterday I went to a wedding shower, then an art festival, and then saturday night church. Today my husband ran in the Warrior Dash 5K (with crazy obstacles). It was a lot of fun to watch. He's never done any 5k's before and he did a great job!




I'm not really looking forward to this week. I should hear back from my doc and get my dermatologist appt set up. I talked to my good friend who also had a melanoma spot removed and she said she had her consultation on one day and two days later they did the surgery. So i'm expecting it to be fast. Then Thursday I have my breast sonogram.




So it's going to be tough, but I know everything is going to be alright. I just gotta keep eating right, logging everything, and working out. I don't want this to derail me.


Matt right after he crossed the finish line.

with two other teachers from his school that did the race too.Matt finished ahead of them :)

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck! You have inspired me to check out some sun spots on my shoulders that have gotten noticeable darker since last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting on an update, and I pray that it's a positive one! Waiting is hard...hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vaia,
    I'm so glad to hear that! I've never been real good about sunscreen because I like to be tan. I've even used tanning beds off and on for about 10 years. I just never thought I'd ever get skin cancer. Certainly not at 26!
    I will definately be more careful from now on. Vanity is not more important than my health.

    Kenz,
    Thanks lady! I'm feeling a lot better now. I'm starting to realize it's not the end of the world. I talked to several friends who've had some spots removed and they are fine.
    Thanks for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete