I feel so much relief after everything today. I finally heard back from the dermatologist office and they scheduled me for next Wednesday. I read on there website what they will be doing. It's called Surgical Excision & it's the most common treatment for melanoma skin cancers. I feel SOOOO much better knowing this is scheduled, and everything will be fine.
I also had been nervous about my first breast sonogram. Matt knew I was worried(he's actually been worried too), and he left school early to meet me at the office. I thought that was very sweet of him, and it made me feel a lot better. They were super nice and right off the bat after the doctor started the procedure, she asked me if I'd lost a significant amount of weight. Apparently that accounts for the lumps that they found at my gyno visit, and she said had she examined me, she would have sent me to a specialist too. But she said everything was normal and there's no need to worry. I also found out I'm not "high risk" like I thought. But since my g-ma who had breast cancer had no siblings, and my mother had the preventative surgery before she was diagnosed there's no way to tell if I have the genetic marker for breast cancer.
So things are looking up! I got off my bad food wagon today. Today has been great! I've only had 1300 calories. Well under my 1800 limit. After the crap I've consumed all week, I think it's okay to have a couple low cal days.
I'm looking forward to the weekend. We are going to OK to visit family. Normally this is a caution area when it comes to food. My family is all big because we LOVE to eat. I mean who doesn't? But I'm not stressing over it this time, because my brother has been counting calories and wearing his bodybugg so i know I'll be okay at his house. He lost 9 pounds his first week! Punk. No seriously I'm happy for him. :) Hooray for healthy family members to help us in the weight loss process! I love it!
Gotta go get my jog on! :)
Hi! New reader...just wanted to say I am glad that everything turned out well with your appointment!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Great news!! Hope you had a fabulous weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies!
ReplyDelete