Friday, August 6, 2010

Closing a Chapter...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a month since I last blogged!

I've been so wrapped up with family get togethers, family health scares, and preparing to change jobs that I've kind of turned exercise and eating healthy 100% of the time on the back burner.
I've gained about 4 lbs....that's why i haven't been updating my weekly weigh ins. :(
So for August I'd like to get back to my old ways that worked best for me and get the scale moving back down...and not up anymore.

Today was my last day at work. I've been there since I was a senior in high school ( 8 and a half years!). It was kind of bittersweet. While there are many things I won't miss about the job, I really will miss all the people I've had the privilege of working with and meeting over the years. They surprised me while I was eating lunch with a sweet card and gift card from everyone, a cake and a little container of fruit in case I didn't want to eat the cake(they know me so well). But the cake looked good and so I had a little piece! I'll have next week off to finish up some things like shopping and getting my hair did! Then my first day of the new job is the 13Th. YEAH!!! I'm so excited!

Here is a few pics from today!
My Cake! You can see part of the fruit over on the side. Which I left in the fridge on accident!
This is my office manager and closest friend at work, Kristy.
A few co-workers that I've worked with the longest.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Marianne! You're going to love the new job so much!!! That was so great of your co-workers to do a little something for you. :) I hope you enjoyed every second and your hair looks fabulous. XOXO- love your cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Marianne...new beginnings are wonderful even though leaving is never the fun part...best of luck in the new chapter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! I'm really excited and hope I'll like it.
    It will definately be a change of pace!

    ReplyDelete