I haven't done any exercise until today. I walked a mile on the treadmill at a very slow rate, since I'm not supposed to do anything that makes me sweat. I stayed home from work both Thursday and Friday which means I was home all day with food, and food, and more food. I have been eating. Nervous eating. Bored eating. It's been terrible. I stepped on the scale last night and my eyes about popped out of my head. It was so scary! I know the majority of the gain is because of my poor eating and lack of exercise both last week and this week. Then I also have been on a new BC pill that my doctor said would make me gain water weight. It's my 2ND week on them.
After the facing of the scale last night, I decided I had to get a grip! I'm back to logging everything, measuring everything, and eating only when I'm hungry not just because there's nothing else to do. It also feels great to walk a bit, I'll try to do that a few other times today. I know I need time to heal physically I just got to get things under control emotionally and get back to eating healthy. Eating crap = feeling like crap, eating healthy = feeling healthy and HAPPY!
Tonight we have a concert to go to. Nickelback, Shinedown, and Breaking Benjamin!!!!!!
We bought the tickets MONTHS ago and I've been excited to go, but didn't foresee this happening. I asked my husband last night to see if any of his friends would want to go but since it's such short notice, no on can. So I'm going, and I hope I can handle sitting/standing that long. Doors open at 5:30 and I'm sure Nickelback doesn't go on til pretty late. Last night was the first time I could actually lay on my back, I haven't been able to lean back in a chair yet. So we shall see! We will eat an early dinner and I'll smuggle in some good snacks in my purse just in case. :)
I hope y'all have a healthy and active weekend!
My battle wound.

What an amazing concert line-up!! Good luck this week and don't feel bad about taking it easy. It's a lifelong journey, right?
ReplyDelete