Sunday, February 28, 2010

bodybugg time!


After almost a year of my husband trying to convince me to use the bodybugg armband(as seen on the Biggest Loser), I agreed and purchased one today. He used it last year and lost 60 pounds in 4 months to win a biggest loser style competition at work. So not only have I seen it work for people on TV I've seen it work in real life too. I just didn't want to feel like I was "cheating" on Weight Watchers, plus I didn't want people to see it and have to explain it to them. If only it worked on your leg instead of you arm! Oh well, I'll have to get over myself and just do it. I think since it will be monitoring my calorie burn it will give me that push I need to increase my exercise and reach my next weight loss goal.

Even though I watched Matt use the website, I never realized how simple it was until today. I think with Weight Watchers I just worry about points values and not necessarily what's in my food. This way I have to hit 60% Carbs, 20% Protein, and 20% Total Fat. I'm so excited to see how this in action and find out how many calories I burn in a typical day!

I set up my plan to lose 1 lb a week (at first just to see how I do). My weight today is 178 and I chose to reach 157 by July 24th. I still don't have a feel for what I want my goal weight to be, but when I make it to 157 I will have lost 75 lbs! I'll wait to see how I look and feel then to see if I need to lose anymore.
Now I'm off to do Day 3/Week 3 of my couch to 5K plan....

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try a bodybugg out. I use a HRM as of now and it's cool but not nearly as cool as a bodybugg!!!

    I want to weigh 157 by July 31st! Our goals are so similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I will need a full report on the bodybugg, as I've been tempted to get it in the past as well. I can't wait to see how it affects your diet!!! YAYYYY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to hear what you think about the bodybugg! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete